Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The end of a great trip...

We're back home from Southern California and we had a fabulous trip. On New Years day, we spent most of the day either watching the Rose Bowl parade or a football game and eating mass quantities of food. Here's Molly watching football with Grandma.


And here's Grandpa trying to convince Garrett that football is better than hockey. Silly Grandpa...


The next day we packed up and headed home. Before getting into the car, Grandma and Grandpa took Molly to the park to get some energy out before hitting the road. When I looked at the picture below with Molly and her Grandma, it struck me how much they look alike!


We also were lucky enough to see Steve's dad and step-mom on the drive north. Here's Molly showing Grandpa that you can hear the ocean when you put a shell to your ear.


We arrived home at 1:30 in the morning and the kids slept like champs during the drive. When I transferred Garrett into his crib, he squealed for joy and kicked his legs like he was thrilled to be back in his bed. It's always nice to be home! Despite our exhaustion, the next day we de-Christmased the house and put all the decorations away and now we're back on our regular schedule. I love the Christmas holidays, but it's sure nice to be back to "normal" life.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

It looks like you all had a great time! I hope you have some "down time" now Amy and Steve as I know how hard you worked to provide a lovely Christmas for your children, and then pack up and head south. You're both so super!