Friday, February 6, 2009

A trip to labor & delivery...

Well, today was my last antepartum testing appointment. And during the appointment they had some concern about some mild heart decelerations that Baby Paige was having. So... they decided to send me to labor and delivery for some more intensive monitoring. I figured it was no big deal, until they said to me that I should bring my overnight bag and not eat or drink anything "in case" they decide the babies are at risk and want to move forward with a C-section. Soooo... I had to find some potentially "long term" care for Molly in case I ended up being admitted for surgery. After a little running around I made my way to the hospital. And after about an hour and a half of monitoring they sent me home because the babies were just fine. What? I felt like saying, "I'm here now! Let's just get the show on the road!" Oh well... I guess I have to wait until Monday. Special thanks to DeAnna and Paige who split "Molly duty" today and were full of grace and flexability admidst my flurry of activity.

A quick side note... the new Kaiser Labor & Delivery is definitely amazing. My triage room had a TV in it so I could watch HGTV while they had me hooked up to the monitors! Not to mention all the computerized medical equiment with nice flat panel monitors. AND they put me in my triage room and had a admittance clerk come to me and admit me right in my room! Talk about the Hilton of triage.

2 comments:

The Gueulettes said...

I hope you took advantage of the time and had a nice long nap while you were there sans children! Sounds lovely! Do they take non-pregnant people?

Kacie said...

Amy - thinking about you lots this week and checking your blog often for any baby updates. bummer that they wouldn't take you today, but Monday will be here soon enough. Enjoy your last few days as a family of 3. (: Kacie