Saturday, July 26, 2008

The cereal solution...

Hey everyone! Hope that you're all doing fabulously! We're gearing up to head up to Canada on Tuesday. We're excited to see all our Canadian family, some of which we haven't seen in a year and a half. Last time I saw my cousins Alex and Maya I was 6 monthes old. It's been too long. While we're up there we're having a family reunion with all of Mommy's cousins and aunts and uncles. We can't wait. Mommy is a little nervous about the trip though because she's been pretty sick the last few days, including puking 4 times yesterday. But she has discovered the "cereal solution"... basically she's eating just cereal (usually Barbara's Oat Squares) because it's the only thing that stays down. Not necessarily the best diet for two growing babies, but some food is better than none. She's feeling a little better today so hopefully she'll be able to choke down some more protein. Please keep Mommy in prayer... the nausea is getting a little old.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy,
I am so sorry that you are feeling so sick. You may not be looking for advice and especially crazy sounding advice like I am about to give you but it totally worked for me. I was throwing up all day long and it would totally surprise me too. I would be talking to a parent at my school and literally turn my head one direction and throw up. This was a suggestion from a holistic doctor. She told me to get homeopathic teething tablets from the co-op or natural foods store. I got mine up in Placerville because that is where I lived in the begining of my pregnancy. They were these little tiny tablets that you put under your tongue. whatever was used in them is suppose to help with nausea as well. All I know is I was sick as a dog one minute and I would put these things under my tongue and the urge to puke would go away. If I could remember what was in them I would tell you. I will be praying for you. I hope you enjoy your trip
Kristina

DeAnna said...

Glad you found something for the nausea. Have a fun trip!

Jennifer Herring said...

Cereal and popsicles become staples in our house for that first trimester. :-)

Have a fun trip! Maybe getting away will knock that nausea right out of your system!

-Jennifer

Anonymous said...

You just need some quality time with mommy and daddy to get you feeling better- a little spoilin' always worked for me. Along with Quaker instant oatmeal! we love ya!

Amy and Steve and Co.

Debbie said...

Hi Amy,

Like stated above, you don't always want advice, but I so remember those days. I threw up 8-10 times a day for the first 5 or 6 months. A girlfriend told me to take Unisom, the sleeping pill. I took one at night and it helped so much, even the next day. You should ask your doctor. Best of luck and congrats. I hope life is going well.

Katie Scott said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are puking! That is never fun! I pray that you will be able to travel safely and have a fun time, despite not feeling so great.

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy... being sick is no fun! I ate 3 bowls of cereal a day with Ella. It was the only thing that sounded good, it's filling and super quick to make. I had a 10 lb baby girl eating cereal. Your babies are doing just fine with mommy eating cereal.

I hope your trip back home goes well!

Jen