Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mommy's Post: And the drama continues...

Well, I had my fertility appointment today. It was not as hopeful as I was expecting. I was hoping they would send me on my way with my Clomid prescription and that would be that. Not so lucky. Apparently the fact that my FSH was zero is not very common. Usually it's low in fertility patients, but to have it be non-existant is rare. It means that there's something wrong with probably my adrenal gland or my hypothalmus. It could be as minor as just some freak hormonal imbalance, and it could be as major as a tumor. So... more blood work. If it ends up being something minor, it still probably can't be treated with Clomid (a pill). Instead I may have to be treated with injectable FSH that would be administered for 8 days at home by a needle-wielding husband. Anyway, we'll know more after more testing. Sigh... I was hoping to be able to start treatment this month and now we have another month of lab work. So just pray that I have patience. And pray that it's nothing serious (read: tumor). I'm already sick of this whole process... and it's just starting...

6 comments:

Jennifer Herring said...

I'm sorry that you weren't able to get the ball rolling the way you wanted to!

Maybe the kids are just supposed to have a little more space between 'em. :-) It'll give you more time to potty train.

On a serious note though, I'll be praying for good and speedy results!

Andrea said...

Amy,
I'm sorry it wasn't the easy fix you were hoping for. I'll be praying for fast results and a plan to made soon. You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Andrea

Katie Scott said...

I am sorry as well. I will definitely keep praying for this whole process!

DeAnna said...

Hang in there Amy! We are praying for you!!

Paige said...

the good stuff hardly ever comes easy... Hugs to you for the hard part.

Tricia Gueulette said...

Sending you love, patience, strength, good health and lots of hugs!