Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pre-Easter Festivities


The day before Easter, the kids and I enjoyed some "pre-Easter festivities". We worked on a craft project and decorated some foam eggs. And then of course, we died some hard-boiled eggs. This was no small feat considering dye is... well... DYE. And I have two 2-year old's that want to get into their craft projects with both hands. Also, Steve was busy working on some tiling, so I was solo. I'm happy to report that only 3 of the 13 eggs got broken, and no clothing was dyed.


After Garrett and Paige went down for their naps, Molly and I made some Easter cupcakes. They were carrot pineapple cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (see here) with toasted coconut nests with candy eggs in them. So fun!


It definitely got the kids excited for Easter! Although I must admit that I think I will enjoy it a little more in 1-2 years when it's easier to manage the twinados!

No comments: