Thursday, July 1, 2010

Proud to be Canadian...


Unbeknown to many of my American friends, today is Canada Day. It also happens to be the very day that I moved to the United States. On July 1, 1999 I moved to Oregon. It's absolutely amazing to me that I've been south of the border for 11 years. And here I am with an American husband and three American children. With those odds, I recognize that I probably won't be returning to live in Canada and I'm okay with that. But there are many things I will always miss about Canada. Beautiful open spaces. A slower pace of life. People who say "hi" when you pass them on the street. A huge acceptance of cultural and ethnic diversity. And of course, most of all, I miss my family. I will always be proud to be Canadian. And so, today, I want to wish my friends and family (both Canadian and American) a Happy Canada Day! And I CAN'T WAIT to return back to the "motherland" in a couple of weeks! Whoo whoo!

1 comment:

The Gueulettes said...

Happy Canada Day Amy - Canada (and we) miss you.