Life around here has been pretty good! Half of our days are absolutely horrible and exhausting, and the other half are completely enjoyable. That's not bad considering two months ago they were ALL completely exhausting. Anyway, Molly has really settled into the reality that she has two siblings and our worlds don't revolve around her alone anymore. This is huge, and she's been so much fun to be around lately. She still has her imaginary friend, Laura, but has also developed imaginary dogs! Their names are Jack and Frank, which just happens to be the names of Auntie Paige and Aunt Suzy's dogs! They sleep in her room and occasionally she brings them out to play.
One of Molly's favorite things to do lately is to get Garrett to smile at her (which is not hard to do considering he is quite a smiley boy). She will sing to him, dance for him, or do whatever it takes. The other day I caught her putting a blanket on him and "tucking him in". Then she nuzzled him and said "You are safe. You are safe. Jesus loves you." How sweet is that? And he obviously adores her because he's more than willing to fawn all over her as seen in the video below.
Molly has been saying a variety of adorable things lately. Yesterday she told me, "Daddy is Molly's best friend." How cute. And when I first see her in the morning she says, "I missed you Mommy!" Love that! She's also pretty much potty trained now! She's wearing big girl underwear now during the day and hasn't had an accident in a week! She's even finally telling me if she needs to use the potty and will run and do it herself! AND in the last few days her nighttime pull-up is dry in the morning and she'll run to the potty when she wakes up! Praise the Lord! I'm so proud of her! And I'm so glad I waited to potty train her fully because it's been a breeze, and I simply didn't have the energy to do it when I was pregnant!
Finally, we completed a big milestone this weekend. We officially converted our guest room into a nursery! We wanted to keep it a guest room when the babies were born so that the visiting Grandmas would have a space of their own. But it was time that Paige and Garrett got their own room and begin the process of learning how to sleep together without waking each other up all the time. Hopefully that learning curve isn't too steep because so far it's been hit or miss.
4 comments:
OH Amy!!! That is the sweetest video EVER!! I just love the way Garrett looks at her. So sweet!
Kristina
There is nothing more rewarding as a parent then to see your children together and loving on eachother! What are your plans for the nursery? Would love to see photos of the finished rooms! Love the up-dates and photos. You are all doing great!
The Umbargers
That video reminds me of Lexi with Linzi!!! She loves to sing and talk to her too and HAS to be laying on her or holding on to the swing she's trying to sleep on:) I'm excited that in about a month Linzi will be looking at Lexi like Garrett does Molly:) !!! Siblings are just too cute:):)
Molly you melt my heart!!
Post a Comment