Saturday, January 3, 2009

Starting the New Year with drama...

Well... 2009 started off with a little drama for the van Riessens. On New Year's Eve we were hanging out with our friend's the Gallardos. I started having contractions and when we timed them, they were coming consistently about 7 minutes apart. So after an hour I called Labor and Delivery and they asked that I come in to get checked out. It just happened that I had a set of pajamas with me for Molly, so the Gallardos offered to take her for the night so we could go to the hospital. It was Isabelle and Molly's first sleepover, and as you can tell by DeAnna's pictures below, they had a great time! Thanks so much Dee and Freddie! Anyways, when we got to the hospital, they hooked me up to all the monitors, ran some tests, and within the hour the contractions stopped. So I got to go home with nothing more than a lecture about taking it easy.

Then on Friday, Molly came down with a horrible virus. She couldn't keep anything down, had a temperature of 103.2F, layed limp on the couch in and out of sleep, and refused to eat anything. It was by far the sickest I've ever seen her. Thankfully it seemed to be short lived and within 24 hours her energy was better and she seems to be just left with chest and sinus congestion. But as you can tell from the pictures, she was in rough shape at first. Thankfully Steve was able to take a half day off to help keep me and the twins from getting her bug.

Anyway, hopefully the rest of 2009 will be a little less dramatic. Here's to an uneventful end to this pregnancy!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, MY!!!! I'm glad you and Steve have stayed well, and that the twins are staying put for awhile longer. Hopefully, Molly will be well soon. The shower was so fun today--I hated to leave early. You are such a beautiful mother of twins!

Anonymous said...

oh the poor baby!! She just looks miserable in that picture. I am glad you had a nice shower I was sad to miss it. I got lots of fun jobs put together for Molly's classroom though. I miss the kids I can't wait for next week to squeeze all my kiddo's
Kristina

Anonymous said...

I keep checking... and am glad to see no new posts! Don't miss a chance for that last baby belly pic! We are thinking of all of you. Hope that Miss Molly is feeling better. Love ya!

Amy, Steve, and Co.

Lexi and Linzi said...

You need to rest rest rest! I'm sure you are sick of hearing that though:) Glad you have such great friends to help out... you're almost there:)