
At 36 weeks, babies on average weigh around 6 pounds. We figure based on past weeks that Garrett is probably a little more than that and Paige is probably a little less, which means I'm carrying 12 pounds of baby. The diagram below is from Babycenter.com and shows twins at 36 weeks.
I'm pretty immobile now, which has been compounded by a recent ankle injury. Yesterday I missed seeing a step (it was hiding under my belly) and twisted my ankle. If I keep it wrapped I can still walk on it which is good. It's just given me another excuse to stay off my feet. Not like I can go far anyways. My amniotic fluid levels are still pretty low, but stable (they're hovering around 2cm). The stress tests seem to be going alright, although today they had some concern because both babies had heart rates that were consistently over 180 and 190 (sometimes up to 200)! But they were both pretty active, and after consulting with my doctor they all agreed that the heart accelerations seemed to be linked with the aerobics they were doing in there. On Friday my doctor said we'll come up with a "plan", which means she'll FINALLY book my C-section. Whoo whoo! The end is in sight! Yay!
5 comments:
Amy, you look beautiful! I'm glad for you that the end is in sight (or the beginning is near!) depending on how you look at it :) We are excited for you and wish we were close enough to help out. A big hug for you! Love, Kissner and family
Yay! You look amazing! Wow I'm impressed! I'm happy for you that the end is near too...wish we were there :(
Thanks for thinking of me with this profile shot!
Hi Amy! You look great!! I am so glad that things are looking good for the twins! I cannot imagine carrying 12 pounds of baby! The 7 lbs 9 oz with Chloe was bad enough!!
I agree with everyone else, you look great. Stay off your feet and rest your body! No more injuries! Call if you need some help!
wow amy. I can't believe you've made it past 36 weeks! You've lasted longer than I did. You are doing awesome. hang in there! we can't wait to hold those tiny babies!! Kacie
Post a Comment