Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We're back....

Hey everyone! We are back from our quick, but fun, trip to southern California. We left Thursday after Daddy's work and didn't get into Temecula until 12:30 at night. I didn't fall asleep in the van until around 10:00, but I slept in the next morning until 9:00 so I made up for it! We relaxed and visited on Friday, which everyone needed. Then on Saturday we went to the aquarium in La Jolla, which I LOVED! I think I've inherited Mommy's penchant for fish!
We saw so many cool fish, but one of my favorites was this amazing sea horse (called a sea dragon) that looks like a leafy branch floating through the water. Amazing!

After a morning at the aquarium, I slept in the car until we arrived in Oceanside for an afternoon on the beach. It was overcast... but that didn't slow me down! I was literally vibrating with excitement! I ran for hours, chasing the water and the seagulls. I jumped waves and sat in the surf. But Daddy eventually had to tell me when to call it quits when my lips started turning purple with the cold!

The next day, we went to the pond and fed the ducks. I really enjoyed myself, but our time quickly came to an end when I decided to try and get closer to the water by laying down at the pond's edge... right in a wet puddle of duck poop.

Sunday night, I hung out with my grandparents, while Mommy and Daddy went out for a date to the movies. Unfortunately, Mommy got motion sickness from the shakey camera work (action movie) and ended up running through the line-up of women waiting at the ladies restroom while blurting out "I'm pregnant! I'm going to puke!" So much for that date!

Monday, we left Temecula early and went for a quick visit to see Grandma and Grandpa van Riessen! We had a really great lunch and visit with them! It was really nice to spend some time with them! And then it was back in the car for the long drive home. I was home in my own bed by 9:30 that night. So it was a busy trip, but it was so nice to spend time with family. I miss you all already!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the three of you and Steve's mom. The reason I just love it is that you are absolutely gorgeous in it. You totally have that maternal glow going on. We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow
Kristina

DeAnna said...

So cute! Love the pics! Shirley looks like a proud G'ma in all of these photos. Sorry you got sick!

Paige said...

Jumping in the surf is my favorite shot. For a few brief moments I missed my old ocean home!

Praise for safe travels and fun family times!

Katie Scott said...

Sounds like you had a fun, busy weekend! I am so sorry that your date night got cut short. That pregnancy stomach is a crazy thing!!

Anonymous said...

I miss the water :{ Your pics are so cute. Have a wonderful day.