Saturday, September 20, 2008

The dog days of summer...

Well, we're enjoying the cooler weather here in Sacramento (highs of 81F or 27C). Although it's still warm in the afternoons, it's so nice and cool in the mornings and evenings. Mommy and Daddy have been regularly filling up my pool for me so I can enjoy these last dregs of summer.


I've been practicing my latest skill... floating on my back. I'm so determined to do it myself that I get a little irate if the parental units try to assist me.


But I'm also finding time to just kick back and relax in the pool...

Mommy and Daddy have been busy working on their nesting (read: house organizing). We had a great night on Thursday when our Life Group went to a jazz concert in the park. The event was hosted by the Cocker Art Museum and their event coordinator just happens to go to our bible study. So we got to enjoy an evening of great food and dancing, which was right up my alley! And tomorrow we go to church and we get to hear the best preacher in the entire world... my Daddy! He's speaking while our pastor is out of town, so please keep him in your prayers.

Anyway, that's the latest and greatest here. We're heading down to southern California on Friday to see the grandparents. We'll be driving, not flying, so let's all hope that I survive and have an extra dose of patience! Hope you're all doing well!

4 comments:

DeAnna said...

Cute pictures, I love the last one.

Katie Scott said...

fun post! i love the picture of molly chillin' in the pool with her feet up. so cute!!!

Paige said...

I really like the feet up picture too!

Jennifer Herring said...

I agree - the feet up picture is great!