Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A quick but fabulous weekend away!

Well... we're home from our whirlwind mini-vacation to Monterey and Santa Cruz with the Gallardo family. It was a fabulous time! We started by hitting the Monterey Aquarium, which was especially fabulous considering my current "Finding Nemo" obsession. Here's Dorey from the movie:


And here's one of the jellyfish from that Dorey and Nemo's Dad, Marlin, survived:

I had a fabulous time checking out all the different fish. I can see why Mommy trained to become a fisheries biologist. And to be honest, she may have been more excited than me to go to the aquarium! But I sure enjoyed seeing all the fish and touching the starfish in the "touch pools".

That night we went out for Mexican food and went to a great playground that had everything from a suspension bridge to a giant slide. I had a blast going down the giant slide and got so confident that I was doing it by myself by the end! Of course Mommy forgot her camera in the hotel room... so no pictures from the park. The next day we went to the beach in Santa Cruz. There's nothing better than playing in the sand and water on a warm day. I played in the sand with Isabelle and in the waves with Daddy. It was fabulous!

We couldn't have asked for a better vacation. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if it was longer. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as we did!

4 comments:

DeAnna said...

It would have been nice if the trip was longer, maybe more time to relax. Love your Jellyfish pic!

Paige said...

Nice pics of the fish! Glad you guys had a good time...you both work so hard you deserve the break!

See you Thursday!

Jennifer Herring said...

Sounds like you had a great time!
Good pics too!

Katie Scott said...

Glad you had so much fun! It makes me want to go to the beach!