Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving celebrations

This Thanksgiving I had the honor of hosting and I was SO EXCITED.  It was the first time I have ever hosted a large Thanksgiving dinner, and I couldn't wait.  The only problem... we didn't have a dining room table yet!  So for several weeks I scoured Craigslist for the perfect set.  And I found it... a great extending table that seats up to 12 that came with 8 chairs for only $500.  A steal!


And it was a good thing that it seated twelve, because there was 12 of us for dinner.  We had Christie's family, Scott's mother, and Molly's friend Ava and her mom.  Ava's daddy is a fireman, and had to work Thanksgiving, so we were more than happy to have them join us!  Unfortunately, I have absolutely no photos from the day because I was busy enjoying everyone.  But I can definitely report that we all finished the day absolutely full of food and fun!

The next morning we were blessed with a visit from the Quayle family.  It was so great that they were able to be up this way for Thanksgiving and although it was a quick visit, it was such a great reminder of how much fun we have with their family.


Each kid had a friend stay in their room.  We predicted that Molly and Keilani would be the last to fall asleep, but were surprised by the fact that Paige and Meigan were the last to go down around 10:30 at night.  It was hard to be mad at them because they were having so much fun!


It was a teary goodbye the next day and we were really sad to see them go.  We're hoping that next summer we can organize a joint trip somewhere.  Miss them already!

No comments: