Sunday, December 15, 2013

Our Redeemer Preschool Recital

This morning we went to Our Redeemer Lutheran church to watch Garrett and Paige in their preschool Christmas recital.  I was particularly excited after hearing that my fabulous twinsies were cast as Mary and Joseph in the nativity reenactment.  However, when we got there, Garrett was NOT into it.  It started once I put their costumes on and he was convinced that his tunic was too itchy (even though he had a shirt on underneath).  The tears started and I decided that it would be better for me to leave and let the teachers deal with it (before I got really angry).  Needless to say, you may be able to notice their different excitement levels while filing into the sanctuary.


Paige was awesome, and practically bounced through the entire performance.  Garrett shut down for the first half, but perked up during the last half.


Here's my favorite moment on video... when the kids were singing "Go Tell It On The Mountain"!


After the show was over and I was able to chat with Garrett about why he was so grumpy, he said it "wasn't my favorite thing to do". When I asked him what that meant he said that his "outfit wasn't cool" and he wanted to be playing Angry Birds.  Sigh... 

No comments: