Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of Second Grade

 

Today Molly started second grade.  The anticipation of this day has been tough for her.  It's a new city, new school, and all new people.  She has been so nervous over the last week and I'm thankful that she's there and the anticipation is over!  Thankfully, last week they had a back-to-school day where you could go and drop off all your school supplies and meet your teacher.  That was a great opportunity to get used to the school and help her find things like her classroom, the bathroom, the gym and the cafeteria.  It's a really beautiful school building with fabulous amenities.  I've heard rumors that there is SO MUCH parent participation that there's a rotating sign-up system to make sure everyone gets a chance!  That's sure encouraging.  I've also heard nothing but amazing reviews of her new teacher Mr. Berning, who I like already!


This morning we were on top of it and made it out of the house with enough time for me to walk her to class. She had her new dress, new shoes and new bag and was ready to take it on!


Unfortunately, the excitement faded quickly when we got there and it was obvious that she was fighting the tears.  Poor little sweetheart!  I took this picture at her new desk just before she looked at me with teary eyes and asked me to put my camera away. 


Thankfully, she met TWO little girls before school that are in her class!  One little girl is names Anabelle and she is the daughter of Garrett's preschool teacher!  The second little girl is Ava (seen below) and she lives just a few houses down from us.  Ava arrived just as Molly was about to break down, so her timing was PERFECT and instantly put a smile on Molly's face!  Phew!


So although it was close, neither Molly nor Mommy cried.  YAY!  And after walking back to the car, the twins and I stopped and prayed for her, her teacher, her friends and her next year at school.  I can't wait to pick her up at 2:35 and hear all about her day! 

No comments: