In our attempts to enjoy the new amenities that our new city has to offer, we made a trek to the Portland Children's Museum before school started. I ended up buying an annual membership because without two visits we would have gotten our money's worth. I was surprised that the membership was about $30 cheaper than our membership at the Sacramento Children's Museum, and their is about two times as many exhibits! Their special "changing exhibit was on dinosaurs, and the kids got to dress like archeologists and look for fossils.
Then we went to the "wet room" where they played with a variety of water displays. Pumps, spouts, and civil engineering projects abounded!
Then it was off to the grocery store which was HUGE! They did some pretend shopping and Molly rung up their groceries for them.
One of the highlights was the pretend animal hospital! The kids LOVED this and probably spent a half hour examining all the stuffed animals and nursing them back to health. So so cute!
Just when I thought it was time to go, we found a clay studio and the kids spent another half hour molding and creating. Molly made a flower, and for a small fee they are firing it for her so she can paint it! (which reminds me I need to go back and pick it up... LOL!) I kept thinking that I would love to go there WITHOUT the kids and play with the clay!!
All in all, the museum was hit! We look forward to going back with Daddy next time!





No comments:
Post a Comment