Saturday, February 12, 2011

They're TWO!

Last week Garrett and Paige turned TWO. Although our celebration was small (as we were leaving for Southern California the next morning) it wasn't without fanfare. Like any good two year old, they are obsessed with Elmo so it seemed like an appropriate theme. So Steve and I whipped up some festive cupcakes for the occasion.


Unfortunately, amidst all the emotion of the week I forgot that I was out of birthday candles. So we used plastic candles from their toy birthday cake set. They didn't seem fazed at all and proceeded to try and "blow out" the plastic flames after the birthday song.


Garrett and Paige definitely enjoyed the cupcakes. I was extremely happy about that considering I burnt the first batch and had some drama with the new butter cream icing recipe I tried. It's nice to know the effort was appreciated.


It was very special that Steve's aunt, uncle and cousins were able to join us for the evening, particularly because they were all preparing for their own trips down to southern California. I think we all enjoyed the evening to just celebrate two wonderful little kids and have fun together!


Of course, no birthday party is complete without an onslaught of gifts. People were so generous and Garrett and Paige loved everything they got. But Paige's favorite was definitely the chef outfit from Aunt Christie. And Garrett's favorite was definitely the Matchbox cars from Nani and Papa.


During a tough time for our family, it was really nice to be able to once again celebrate the blessings we've been given. And Garrett and Paige are such a special reminder of that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely post and great cupcakes!