Monday, February 7, 2011

Endings...

This has been directly copied from Shirley's CaringBridge website and written by Christie:

Let me begin by saying that the note that my mom wrote yesterday (Sunday) has so much more meaning behind it now. God is an awesome God even in the midst of heartache and suffering. I know that there is always a reason for everything even if it is not to our liking or understanding. I truly believe that God sent Blanca to help give my mom peace and comfort in knowing that God is with each and everyone one of us throughout this journey and that He will be with us to protect us long after my mom is gone to be home with Him.

With that said, I will begin the update that is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to write. Today the oncologist met with my mom to let her know the results and findings from the MRI. The cancer has metastasized to my mom’s liver. The cancer is now no longer treatable. As the Dr. put it, ‘the cancer has taken on a course of its own.’ The plan and course of action now is to get my mom home and comfortable. They met with a Hospice nurse today to set up the at home comfort care. I am not sure of all the details as far as what that will entail or when she will be released from the hospital. I do know that my mom is more than ready to be in the comfort of her own home with Jim and Dr. Groucho (their kitty). I am sure that being home will bring her so much comfort both physical and mentally. Your continued prayers and support are much appreciated through this next leg of the journey.

1 comment:

Kacie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news Amy and Steve. ): Big hugs to you both. I will be praying for Shirley and your entire family. Take Care.