
This year, Christmas is starting a little bit earlier than usual. We've had a family rule that we don't put the Christmas tree up until after Thanksgiving. But this year, a series of circumstances gave us last Saturday with absolutely nothing going on. This is not very common, so we thought we'd better take advantage of it and get a jump start on Christmas.

We went through all the kids toys and weeded them out. While I worked on that, Steve got the tree ready. And then while Garrett and Paige napped, Molly and I got the tree decorated. Molly had so much fun unwrapping the ornaments while I told her about the "story" behind each one. It was really special.


When Garrett and Paige woke up we began toddler "Christmas tree training". We explained that they're only allowed to touch the tree and ornaments with one finger and breaking the rule resulted in immediate time outs. Each of them had about 2 timeouts before the day was over, but they're definitely doing a good job since then!

We also got to visit Santa Claus when we were down in Southern California. The twins refused to get near the old guy, but Molly was SO EXCITED! I absolutely LOVE the photo they took (excuse the crummy scan) because her joy is so palpable. She asked Santa for a dollhouse, and I'm happy to report that Santa took notes and she will be receiving exactly that on Christmas morning. Shhhhhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment