Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spending the day at preschool...

Today I got to spend the day with Molly at preschool. They were having a field trip to the dentist, and it was right in the middle of the twins' morning nap. So Steve stayed home from work so I could take Molly, which was the perfect excuse to spend some one-on-one time with my big girl.

We went to class before heading to the dentist office, and I got to watch her in her element. It was "Green Day" (for St. Patrick's Day) so of course the craft was decorating shamrocks.


And the teachers also discussed how blue and yellow make green. To prove their point they let each kid put a drop of yellow and blue food coloring in vanilla yogurt and then mix it up to see what happens. And of course, then they got to eat their green yogurt.


Then it was off to the dentist. The kids watched a classmate get an exam and the dentist even used a mini camera to show his teeth on a big T.V. Molly may look bored in the photo below, but she was actually a little anxious. There was no way she was getting in that dentist chair, which is interesting considering she's been to the dentist three times now.


Then it was back to class for snack and playing with her friends. Here's Molly with her best buddy, Kate.


It was so cool to see Molly in her class and watch her interact with her teachers and the other children. She is such a happy little girl, who is so eager to help and she literally "bounced" around the classroom because she was so happy to be there. The teachers all spoke really highly of her and I left feeling like it was the perfect school for her to grow and thrive. I'm so happy I was able to spend that time with her.

No comments: