Friday, October 10, 2008

A trip to Apple Hill...

Today Molly and I went up to Apple Hill with our friend Katie and her daughter Chloe. For those of you unfamiliar with Apple Hill, it's a collection of ranches in the foothills that sell produce and have "attractions" for the kids such as animals and pony rides. It supports a huge cottage industry and people sell everything from crafts to homemade jam, pies and fudge. It's the epitomy of fall with pumpkins, caramel apples and straw bales everywhere!


The kids had fun taking in all the action and Molly particularly enjoyed her first homemade apple fritter. Yum! And Katie and I got laughs at the MULTIPLE people that asked us if we were sisters, or if Molly and Chloe were sisters. I guess we're all just so stinkin' good looking that we look related - hahahaha!



But the highlight for Molly was DEFINITELY her very first pony ride. I was so proud of her. She wasn't scared at all and was very serious about hanging on tightly. And when she got confident, she'd even reach down and give her horse some gentle pats. I may have enjoyed watching her more than she enjoyed the ride (which may explain the 50 pictures I have of her on that horse). It was heart warming!


3 comments:

Katie Scott said...

we had fun with you guys on our first Apple Hill trip, snow and all!!

Anonymous said...

We are totally missing Apple Hill. Your pics are so cute.

DeAnna said...

Sounds like lots of fun!! Makes me hungry for pie!! Love the pics of Molly on the Pony!!