Molly and Hailey spent some time together writing and illustrating books together (an activity that was their idea). It was so cute watching them make up stories and then put it down with pictures and words. Here's Hailey reading her story to us.
Luke and Garrett enjoyed running around being silly little boys together. At one point I asked Luke to go over to Garrett for a picture and he gave him a big hug. Garrett looked at him and said, "I love you Luke". Yah... I almost started crying.
After the awesome dinner Christie made, they got out the fireworks and started lighting them off. I was impressed how well the kids did considering their total and complete exhaustion. Here they are waving their patriotic flags!
The kids LOVED the fireworks and did a great job listening to the adults and staying at a safe distance. I love this picture of Steve comforting Luke who was a little startled by some of the louder ones.
Unfortunately, our visit was cut short as we headed out early the next morning for our drive up to British Columbia. But we'll spend more time with them on the way back south. The kids are already looking forward to it!












No comments:
Post a Comment