Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sooooo... I was wrong...

So... a few weeks back I wrote a blog post (see here) about getting some lab work back and "self interpreting" the results and declaring that surgery wasn't going to happen. Well... I was wrong. Apparently those test results weren't the complete story, and when the remainder of the results came back and my endocrinologist ran a bunch of calculations it showed that there is still indeed a significant problem with my growth hormone. So, they took me off the medication I was on to suppress the pituitary tumor and repeated the IV testing again today. If my growth hormone continues to be out of whack then apparently they will want to surgically remove the tumor. The testing wasn't a big deal (2.5 hours sitting around with an IV), but I am nervous about getting the results back. Obviously I'm not thrilled with the idea of them digging around under my brain. But I trust God and trust the medical team I'm working with. And, as always, we appreciate your prayers! Thanks!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Happy to pray, Amy. Thanks for letting us know how!

Alex said...

Praying, Praying, Praying! Sometimes we don't understand (or like for that matter) God's plan. Hugs!