Saturday, December 11, 2010

My little ballerina...

Last night was so special. Molly performed with her dance class in a production of "The Littlest Nutcracker". We got a babysitter for the twins, so we could just sit back and enjoy the evening... and it was definitely completely enjoyable. We got ready to go right after dinner and I did Molly's hair and make-up as specified by the dance instructor. She was SO EXCITED to wear make-up and I got a little emotional seeing her look so grown up. She's such a pretty little thing!


The we were off to the recital. When we got there we picked up Molly's costume, which was for the "Chinese Tea" dance. It was the CUTEST costume ever and I was so bummed that Steve had my good camera with him because I didn't realize it was my only opportunity to get my own photo of her in costume. Good thing I at least had the point-n-shoot with me!


They danced in a beautiful theater in Folsom, and the studio did an amazing job with the stage sets and costumes. We were so impressed! Molly's class did such a great job and they couldn't have been cuter. I can't wait to get the class picture which was taken just before they went on stage.


Steve's aunt and uncle came to watch as well, which meant a lot to Molly. And both Uncle Fred and Steve got Molly a rose. She just couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear. And it was pretty special to see Daddy fawn over his little ballerina.


After the theater cleared out, we snuck back in to get a photo of Molly on stage. Unfortunately by this point they had already repossessed the costumes, but I'm so happy I got a photo of her up on stage.


And here's the video clips Steve took of the performance. Unfortunately Molly's teacher (Miss Meredith) was in between us and Molly so part way through the dance Steve jumped up and changed positions. Thankfully we bought the professional video that was being filmed and we should have that next month! :)

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Beautiful! Such a special evening for a special little girl. Love you Molly!
Auntie Trish