Soooooo... it seems that 2010 is the year of medical drama in our family (immediate AND extended). It appears I might have a pituitary tumor (probably benign... don't worry). I have had a variety of hormone "issues" over the last few years, which ultimately led to my fertility issues and the arrival of our twins. After Garrett and Paige were born, my hormone issues didn't go away. And after some more testing, my endocrinologist has come to the assessment that it's all being caused by a benign tumor on my pituitary called a prolactinoma. I have an MRI scheduled for October 11th, but he's pretty certain of the diagnosis to the point that he's already prescribed me the medication I will need to be on to shrink it. I will need to be on this medication for about two years and then they will take me off it and repeat the MRI. If the tumor is too big, it may need to be surgically removed, which they actually do through your nose (which is much better than having to drill a hole in my skull).
This has been an interesting faith issue for me. Ninety-five percent of me trusts God with this. The other 5% worries. The endocrinologist did mention that the MRI is important to make sure there's "nothing else" pushing on my pituitary (read: brain tumor). And if I have to have surgery, I'm worried about my kids and the burden this would place on Steve. Also, the medication I'm going on can mess with your heart valves and they actually gave me a baseline echo-cardiogram a couple of days ago to make sure I don't have any pre-existing heart issues. I just wish I had the faith to trust God with all these "what if's" 100% of the time. But I just keep reminding myself that His track record is pretty HUGE and my pituitary is pretty small. And I'm always thankful for your prayers!
5 comments:
That's crazy - you have a tumour and I have a pseudo tumour. We can be tumour buddies. Is it completely wrong to have a wierd sense of humour in this situation?
What a week you have had. You and Molly will be in my prayers. Your faith inspires me so much.
We're praying for you!
Thanking God for prayers, too and that we can pray with you during this treatment.
Love and hugs, and hopes with you,
Linda
Sounds like what's done is done. Atleast now you know why all these crazy things have been a-going-on. Too bad we are too far away to help, but I know that you have a wonderful support network there. We love ya!
The Umbargers
Post a Comment