Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day


Today is Father's Day. I desperately want to make it a "perfect" day for Steve. So when the twins awoke at 6:00 a.m. I jumped up quickly and told him to put his earplugs in. Needless to say, the babies woke up grumpy and teething, and Molly (who was awaken by their bellowing) woke up crying. Steve only slept an extra 15 minutes before the bedlam drew him out of our room. Happy Father's Day Steve... welcome to the chaos.

Although the day started rough, the rest of it was pretty relaxing. Pancakes with berries on top. Church. In-n-Out for lunch. Afternoon naps. Chinese food for dinner. And evening fun in the backyard pool. I proposed a long cadre of fun things that we could do as a family, but all Daddy wanted was a relaxing day. I think he was wise, and even I feel better after a day of being lazy.

Happy Father's Day, Steve. You are a loving husband, an involved father, and you work yourself ragged to provide for our family. And no one could be a better example of love, kindness, hard work and commitment for our children. I love you forever and always. And Happy Father's Day to our dads! Dad... I'm proud to say that I married a man that is so much like you. And it's because of your example that I waited around for a man that treats me like gold, just like you treat Mom. Dale... Steve got his desire to work hard and provide his family from you and I am now the benefactor of that. Thank you so much for your part in raising a wonderful man.

No comments: