Friday, January 4, 2008

A quick update...

Well... just thought I'd knock out a quick update from our neck of the woods. A winter storm has hit Sacramento with gusto and apparently 1.2 million people are without power in the region because of the rain and wind. We're happy to report we're warm and toasty with electricity here... and if you're reading this right now you must have power too! Mommy and I bravely ventured out this morning to enjoy a play date with Isabelle and her mommy. Unfortunately it took an hour and twenty minutes to get home afterwards because portions of the freeway were flooded, but it was no big deal to me because I slept in my car seat the entire time. Mommy said she just enjoyed the lull in the traffic and spent some time praying quietly for friends and family. Who knew that being stuck in traffic could be so peaceful? On our way home we saw four homes with large trees blown over in their front yards... one of which had toppled onto a car. Crazy! It really makes you thankful to come home to a warm, cozy house. We are truly blessed. We hope you're all staying warm and cozy too!

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

You were so brave to come over! We now have a total of 6 sections of our backyard fence blown down on all three sides...better then a tree through the house.... Sorry it took you so long to make it home, but I am glad that it went well. Love ya!